Share Draft Accounts
- $150 deposit to open a checking account. A $100 security deposit will remain in your account throughout the life of the checking account.
- No minimum balance requirement, no monthly fees, no direct deposit requirement
Second Chance Checking
- If you have a negative account history in Chexsystems, you may open a Second Chance Checking account for a $6 monthly fee. You can move to regular checking after six months of maintaining your Second Chance Checking in good standing.
Fees and Terms
- ATM Withdrawal Fee: Free at credit union ATM. $1.50 at other ATMs for withdrawal, balance inquiry, deposit or transfer.
- Stop payment of check: $25
- Order check copy: $25
- Overdraft fee: $25 (applied only if you do not have funds available in your savings account to cover the overdraft)
- An additional $100 frozen in your savings account as a security deposit, which you must maintain in order to avoid fees.
- Checks are ordered and the cost is debited from this account.
- Member Responsibility: In the event of member account information (checkbook or other piece of identification) being lost or stolen, it is the member’s responsibility to notify the credit union immediately.
- A research fee of $25/hr (1 hour minimum) applies when an account question requires additional account research, including but not limited to, pulling multiple statements, check images, or reports.
Bank By Phone:
Access credit union services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with North Side’s Bank By Phone system (for account balance information, to transfer funds between your savings and checking accounts and loans, or to review account activity).
To access cash in your savings or checking account, apply for a North Side VISA Debit card! To qualify for a VISA Debit card, you must have a checking account and maintain a minimum of $100 in your share savings account. Withdraw cash from the credit union ATM for free! Surcharges apply at other ATM machines.
Electronic deposit of your paycheck or government issued check is easy, convenient and safe. To sign up for direct deposit, contact us for appropriate forms to submit to your organization’s payroll department.
A portion of your paycheck can go directly to your savings account, through our participating Selected Employer Groups. Contact us at 773-769-5800 for more information.
Set up automatic transfers to go from your checking to savings account or toward a loan repayment. Contact our loan department for more information.
Free Overdraft Protection:
In the event that insufficient funds are available in your checking account, your security deposit will be used to automatically transfer funds from your regular savings account. If you do not have funds available to make the transfer, checks may be returned unpaid, and returned check fees may result.
Check your balances, verify deposits and withdrawals, and transfer funds all online. While we do not have online bill pay available yet, request your routing number and full account number to set up external transfers from another institution.
Login or Enroll