Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships, resides, volunteers, or receives services in Uptown, Edgewater, Lakeview, and Rogers Park. Our boundaries are Diversey to the South, Damen to the West, the Lakefront to the East, and Howard to the North.
Membership is also available to employees and clients of our Selected Employer Groups
Once an individual joins the credit union, any family member is eligible to join. Individuals may remain members for life.
Why You Should Join
North Side is guided by the principle of “people helping people” It’s a place where you won’t get turned away because you’ve experienced financial challenges.
Our members love us because we make it easy to access products to build or rebuild credit, offer free coaching on money management, and lend a hand through the process of a first time home purchase. We partner with local churches, synagogues, non-profits, Chambers of Commerce and small businesses, demonstrating our focus is right where you live.
“I come [to the credit union] and see my friends. When I have concerns about my money, I don’t have to deal with strangers.”
”” Thea Upshaw, member since 1997
Join North Side and you are a partial owner in an organization that operates for your benefit. We are not a bank, but you can bring your checking, savings and loans over to us and get personal service. Come to us if you’re in a tight spot with your money, and you may be surprised at what we can do to help. In turn, your deposit in the credit union may help provide a loan to someone else in yourown neighborhood that is having money problems.
We are a small credit union serving a small area of Chicago with a big focus — you, the member!
Here are some of the ways we have worked with our members have helped build the community
- We’ve loaned over $28,000,000.00 to our local community.
- We work with our members to help them build a plan to reach their financial goals.
- We offer free financial literacy workshops and credit counseling to help you get your finances back on track.
- All deposits are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, an agency of the federal government.
- You are an owner at North Side when you open an account. You can join a committee and vote on our Board of Directors.
- Our small business loan program has helped over 15 entrepreneurs grow their own businesses.